From:
"Brian Cavanaugh @ Koessler Athletics" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Cavanaugh @ Koessler Athletics
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 1994 12:55:09 -0400
I thought I would provide a few personal tidbits of Frank A. from
my files.
He finished the year at Roanoke and from my source who lives in
Roanoke, he did a good job and is supposed to return there.

I did'nt know he went to UNH --- but he did go to school
at the University at Buffalo and played college hockey
for the U.B. Bulls back in the 70's.  He was a fiesty
right wing on a pretty good team that was coached by
Ed Wright (B.U. grad).  Anyway, Frank was a teammate of my
Asst. Coach - Carl Koeppel and I have known him since then
because I played against him.
His nickname back then was Frank "All alone" - I only pass
this on not to flame him but it is intereting that his
college teammates would give him that name.  Frankie is
a legend in his own mind.

I will add this - he is and was a tireless and dedicated
worker. He is a avid reader and student of the game.
Very knowledgeable (sp).  When he was a college coach
he gave a presentation at the college coaches convention
on defensive systems and it was A+ - I still have the notes.

His biggest problem was he fell on his "ego" -
my asst. still calls him "all - alone"

Cavanaugh
at Canisius

P.S. He's been to the mountaintop - I'm at sealevel.