From:
"Mark E. Gibbons" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark E. Gibbons
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 1994 07:19:14 EDT
I'll try to get something in here about college hockey but the comments
about New Jersey High School hockey caught my interest.  How many states
have an HS program for ice hockey, do they run a state wide chmpionship
how big of a deal is it?  I have only lived in one state that did (Mn.
where it is huge) and am aware of a couple others that do.  Answer me
privately as this is off the subject for this list, thanks.

Brian Lawton did make the jump & was unimpressive as Greg Sorenson
pointed out.  The Stars would have been much better off telling him
to pick a college & mature for a couple of years (there I DID get
college hockey in!).  But the Stars where a miserable orginazation
under Lou Nanny (a Canadian that played for the U of Mn -- Hey I did
it again 8-{>  ) that screwed up the carrers of several decent players.
Kinda sad 'cuz Looy seems like a decent guy.

meg
notes from hockey hell(r)