From:
Glen Keeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 1994 01:41:25 EDT
  A contributing factor to LSSU success is player age.  JohnH had a post
earlier in the year with team ages.  LSSU players recently have been some
two years older than at least some other teams (I believe his comments
mentioned freshmen in particular.

  I don't have the data, but if I remember correctly MSU had the "youngest"
team in the CCHA in '92-93' and Michigan in '93-;94.

 That two years adds up to both physical and mental maturity.

  This isn't meant to detract from Coach Jackson's ability in any way.
AND, while it is hard to find any emotion on his face during a game, he
is a pleasure to have as a Blue Line Luncheon speaker when LSSU is in
town.  He comes across very warm, friendly and forthright under those
conditions.