From:
Greg Sorenson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 1994 16:56:23 CDT
This is either brilliant or moronic, depending on your
 particular bent.

WHY IS THE NHL ON TV SO BIG IN CANADA, BUT CAN'T
 GET A RATINGS FOOTHOLD IN THE US?
Because our broadcasters, by and large, don't know
beans about the game. We need some John Maddens,
Dick Vitales, Don Cherrys: people who not only know
 the game, but are actual personalities. Jim Schoenfeld
 on ESPN came close with the infamous "donut" quote,
but he was wooden on TV.

HOW TO IMPROVE COLLEGE HOCKEY'S TV POPULARITY:
Since it seems he'll never coach at the college level again, get
Frank Anzalone in the broadcasting booth, doing Coaches'
Corner-type segments on the Prime Game of the Week. He
could rant, wear ugly ties, and generally be a lot of fun.

Or maybe I've been at this desk too long.

Greg