From:
Wade Felde <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 1994 21:31:08 -0500
UMD - SCSU from 2-12-94

Sorry for the lateness of the post.   Since  Hockey-L does not have a regular
Minnesota Duluth poster I will give my thoughts.   This was the 5th Bulldog
game I have seen this season.

UMD seems to have a problem with consistensy this season.  On Friday night the
Dogs lost to St Cloud 9-5 but came back to win on Saturday 9-2.    Apparently
the Bulldogs have yet to sweep.

Taras Lendzyk, who had  played so well against Minnesota the previous weekend,
seived out on Friday night and was replaced by Jerome Butler.  Butler played
well on Saturday night, making big saves when he had to.

UMD is a physical team this year.  Consequently, they take lots of penalties.
I have been impressed with their penalty killing , especially Osmack and
Miller.

Speaking of penalties, with less than four minutes in the game SCSU backup
goalie, Neil Cooper, took of after a Bulldog.  Both players were given DQs and
another 52 minutes of penalties were handed out.

The annoying arena habit of playing Tsong bitesU during stoppages of play
finally took on an ammusing quality when the old dog food commercial was played
"My dogs better than your dog".  It was appropriate for a game between the
Bulldogs and the Huskies.

Seeing hockey when I can.

Connie Felde            Go Gophers