Sender:
From:
Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 1994 15:46:44 EST
Edward Ferguson writes:

> The only thing that is clear from the story is that there is an
> 11 year old brat who needs to be coached to keep his mouth in line.
> I'd like to hear from a non-partisan witness before I believed any
> account of what happened.
>
> And hold the guff about what outstanding roll models the local heros
> are.  I've seen New Hampshire and (on the ice, at least) they don't
> look much different from any ther top Div. I team.

You appear to have stumbled onto the point.  On the ice UNH looks like many
other teams.  ON THE ICE.   But Patrick took the hit off the ice from a player
twice his age, in a game in which he was not involved--other than being a
spectator.  Was Patrick out of line?  Perhaps.  Was Joubert out of line?  It
should be obvious.

Am I partial?  No doubt.  But it was a great hockey game.  BU won.  Joubert
shook hands with the team and left the ice.  Why was there a need to take a
shot at a kid with an out-of-line mouth?  That's the point.

 Howard M. Quimby   D/471                                [log in to unmask]
 GD - Electric Boat Division                             [log in to unmask]
 75 Eastern Point Road                                   [log in to unmask]
 Groton, CT  06340                                       (203) 433-3465