Sender:
From:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 1994 14:06:39 CST
Just some notes fromJ-18 (that ain't no windchill, baby) Minnesota, where we
have time for this, since the University is closed down due to dangerous (-58
right now) windchills:

Walter Olson writes:
> If it's illegal, it's illegal. I don't see what difference it makes
> whether a coach is there or not. If the team is there and it is
> closed to others, then it should fall under the guise of an illegal
> practice. Wisconsin deserves the full NC$$ sanction.

I don't think so.  I THINK it's only a "practice", as far as the NC$$ is
concerned, if there's a coach there.  If the players want to get together and
skate, the NC$$ won't (and shouldn't) stop them.  (But I could be wrong...)

Walt wrote in another message about the Minn/MTU penalties:
> I stand corrected. Since I was listening to play by play on radio
> and was not at the game, Pam's analysis is probably much better
> than mine as to what happened.

Didn't mean to CORRECT you, just add  another viewpoint.  Carol had watched the
Friday game on TV and saw the Saturday game in person, but although the game was
refereed much the same Saturday, she got an entirely different impression of the
officiating.  A lot of the uncalled stuff that led to all the trouble was
after/behind the play, so she hadn't seen it on TV, and it probably wouldn't be
part of the radio play-by-play you heard, either.

Pam Sweeney                            Go Gophers!!!
[log in to unmask]         1993 WCHA Playoff Champions!!!
[log in to unmask]              Ski-U-Mah!!!