Sender:
From:
Brian Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 1994 08:14:14 EST
Once again, Mike has taken the words right of my keyboard.

>Since we're mentioning McDonough, how about him calling the NC$$ DivI
>Championship game instead of Tom Mees?

Mees is unquestionably the worst college hockey commentator I have ever heard,
make that worst hockey commentator period, since his work on ESPN's NHL
broadcasts is equally uninspiring.  Mees should have rreceived an award for his
work on  last year's Maine/Michigan semi.  His gaffes were so numerous I would
have preferred listening to my 5 year old call the game.  Mees is a good play
by play guy--for the Senior PGA tour.

On the other hand McDonough's partner, Bob Norton IMO is outstanding.  He has
an intimate knowledge of hockey, and an impressive command of the teams in
Hockey East.  Channel 38's broadcast of the Beanpot is always one of my
favorite hockey telecasts--Norton and McDonough are really a treat to listen
to.  Norton would get my vote though for the Hobey Baker Committee.  He's the
best sportscaster in the east hockeywise (collegiate anyway.)
                    _
            "NYS   // Hockey"
        Go 'Gate  //   Brian Morris
          Go RPI //      Albany, NY