Sender:
From:
"Michael C. Machnik" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 1994 01:05:25 -0600
Pam Sweeney writes:
>He was one of the game's truly tough players, and his fights with Black Jack
>Stewart remain an NHL legend as the most rugged battles ever.
>
><end quotes again;  elsewhere in the book it says that one of Mariucci's fights
>with Stewart was the NHL's longest fight, lasting nearly half an hour.>

Really?  Is that where the Gophers got it from? (heavy on the :-)!)
Interesting that the father of Minnesota hockey, indeed, perhaps of US
amateur hockey (which prides itself on no fighting in college), is
partly remembered for his mean fists! :-)

>"During the 1980 Olympics, a U.S. destroyer passed a Russian ship and
>signaled to it: 'USA 4, Russia 3.'

1) Is that US destroyer still afloat? :-)
2) If they signaled this before the game, I'd like to know who was on
that ship so I can ask who they like in this year's Olympics! :-)

Thanks, Pam...
Mike Machnik                                          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMM* 11/13/93
<<<<<< Color Voice of the (8-8-1) Merrimack Warriors WCCM 800 AM >>>>>>