Sender:
From:
Brian Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1993 15:01:59 EDT
>The RPI index is of utmost importance and Eric asked me if he
>should send it out to the leagues as the season progresses.
>It surprises me that the league commissioners and the leagues
>don't already do it.  It also astounds me that a league
>representative doesn't tap it to this hockey - l on a
>regular basis.  A lot of great info is passed along -
>I think "you all" are ahead of some of the boys !!!  In
>fact I mentioned this network to several coaches on the
>Q. T. " (such as George G from Miami University) and
>they are not only interested but looking forward to getting
>on board.  I think you may see more general and open
>discussion regarding it as now that Shawn is President.

It's working!  First you get the coaches on-line and subtly re-direct their
thinking.  Once we're a united front we make our move--liberate college hockey
from the NC$$! :-C  Imagine attending the Hockey-L National Men's Ice Hockey
Championships!  Our initial president would be none other than Wayne Smith with
Mike Machnik serving as Director of the Competition and Rules Committee.
Imagine, going head to head with affluent and influential college presidents;
negotiating a network TV contract; :-? presiding over the expansion of the
tournament to 64 teams; starting direct marketing of GENUINE Hockey-L Ceramic
Dalmatian gear....Oh well, what else is there to dream about on a dreary April
afternoon?
                    _
            "NYS   // Hockey"
        Go 'Gate  //   Brian Morris
          Go RPI //      Albany, NY
         (______/
Islanders vs. Penguins for Patrick Division Finals. And they don't even need OT