Sender:
From:
Greg Berge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1993 11:25:00 -0500
> So look for more than 2 HE teams next year!

Unfortunately, I think you're right. Although the consensus this year has been that the
"second tier" teams in the ECAC (3rd through 5th) were more talented than those of
HE, and in consequence the ECAC received more seeds than HE FOR THE ONLY
TIME IN HISTORY, the ECAC didn't do its reputation any favors by going 0-for for
the second straight year. Until this season, the ECAC has done far more with far fewer
(and less graciously placed) seeds than HE, but when Maine wins the title next week
the last remaining barrier to HE dominance of the eastern seeds will have fallen. It all
goes to show that if you continually give HE the best seeds, even they will eventually
take advantage. (Yes, Maine is the best team in the last five years, but that title for the
previous five year periods went to RPI '85 and Harvard '89, and that didn't seem to
help the ECAC much.)

So, one last time while we have the chance.

"How many national champions has HE produced?"

Greg
Somerville
Let's Go Red!

p.s. And yes, Maine's cheer is the most annoying I've ever heard. Those little plastic
clapping contraptions are a real pleasure to listen to for six hours, as well. Oh well - if
the fans manage to annoy even an impartial viewer, I guess they're doing their job
right.