Sender:
From:
"L. Eduardo Romo III" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1993 15:54:14 EST
I have figured out that there two scenarios for the 1993 Tournament.
The first scenario is the more realistic one.Here goes:For a Breakdown
of each game, read on.  If this doesn't interest you, move along.
Remember, this is written by a lifelong Gopher fan, and current Brown
Bear fan. I'll begin in the East, where Minnesota plays Clarkson.  Coach
Woog appears to have changed the team's goals of winnning the regular
season and taking a sjot at the tournaments.  He Finally led the Gophers
to the WCHA Toiurnament championship and WON!  However, they face off
against what I see as the hottest team in the country, Clarkson.  The
Golden KNights come off a powerful weekend where they proved that they
are back.  Those guys that suited up at the beginning of the year left,
and were replaced by the real Golden Knights.  IN a tough game, I see
the Gophers pulling on eout of the hat.  Unfortunately, they face Maine.
Maine is unstoppable, and do  what they've done all year, win.

IN the Northern
Michigan-Hahvahd ;)  game, I see the biggest mismatch of the preliminary
round.  The true Cinderella team, No MIch., loses to a team ready to
avenge their loss to Brown.  IN the third-place game of the ECAC
tourney, Haravrd killed RPI's hopes.  Against No. Mich., Haravrd tears
on, and I think they'll easily skate away with a victory.  This sets up
a great game for the tournament, and a definite sell-out crowd.  You'll
have Harvard playing Boston University in WOrcester, MA.  For
convenience, Haravrd skates away with a victory, placing them in
Milwaukee, against Maine.

In the West, we see Miami vs Wisconsin.  Contrary to what many
believe, this will be a close game.  Miami may be good, but Wisconsin
always seems to turn it up a notch during post-season.  Look for this to
go into overtime, with the Badgers moving on to play Michigan.  Against
Michigan, the Badgers turn it on even more, and send Michigan home to
watch their B'ball team win their tournament.
Here's my
game.  Brown vs. Minnesota-Duluth.  Unfortunately, neither team will get
much fan support.  however, the Badger faithful rally around UMD to get
rid of that pesky team from Providence.  Incidently, UMD did not fare
well in post-season, but the selection committee probably did not want
the embarrassment of leaving out regular season champs.  Unfortunately
for the Bears, Derek Plante is too difficult to contain. UMD ends
Bruno's run for glory and faces Lake Superior State in the second round.
The Lakers are on a roll, and easily hand UMD a defeat.  Well, that
leaves Four headed to Milwaukee.

We have Harvard vs. Maine, and Wisconsin vs. LSSU.  Maine rolls over
Harvard, and Wisconsin battles out a victory.  In the final, I see Maine
ending Wisconsin's dash, 4-1.  Maine is too strong this year.  I hate
going with the favorites, and it is even more difficult accepting
Wisconsin's success.

Well, my next scenario would only take place if God took off for
two weeks and said, "Well, Eduardo, you're in charge of the miracles
while I'm gone."  IN that case, we will see Brown beat UMD, and beat
LSSU for the second time this year, and then defeat the Badgers to
face....Minnesota.  The game against Maine has funny occurrances, and
the Gophers end up defeating Harvard.  I get my Minnesota-Brown final,
and it goes into double OT, where Brown finally puts one past Newman,
and people in Milwaukee see the great plays by future Dallas Star, Geoff
Finch.
PLease don't ridicule me.  I NEVER imagined that I could
levae Mpls and actually be able to cheer my school in hockey.  I'm just
happy we're there, and I wish the best of luck to all.  As for the
disgruntled RPI fans, I'm sure we'll see you next year, along with
Cornell.  Too bad though, because the Gophers will be next year's
equivalent to Maine this year.  Good Luck to all, and everyone remember,
it's a game of sport, for entertainment and fun!

                      Hasta Luego,

  Go Bruno!                       L. Eduardo Romo III
  Go Gophers!                     [log in to unmask]