Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1993 23:45:35 EST
Thanks to Jeff for this, I didn't see it in the Globe...
>| "You never say no," Walsh said of the Minutemen, who will be starting
>| a Division 1 program. "I tell that to my guys and I think I've got
>| to do the same for my family. I haven't spent a lot of time on it
>| and I'm not going to worry about it. Who knows? I'm not saying I will.
>| I just don't know yet."

Just wanted to say that I don't think anyone should panic over the
possibility of him leaving Maine for UMass...as he suggested in his
comments, he has entertained offers in the past but hasn't left yet.
There's still a long way to go in the process of choosing a coach at UMass,
and we should remember that he has turned down other spectacular
opportunities to stay at Maine.  From what I have heard, it sounds like the
compensation (salary) at UMass is comparable to what he's getting at Maine,
but he knows what a great situation he has there, and it would take quite a
bit to get him to leave, I'm sure.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)    *HMN*