Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1993 22:42:39 EST
Stephen Twombly writes:
>What's the big idea?  2 friends of mine sent in votes for Umass-Lowell as
>the number one team, that's 30 votes right there!  I voted Umass as number
>9, 6 more votes, therefore they should have AT LEAST 36 votes.....but the
>number 15 team has fewer that that....what the hell?!?!?!?!?!

I can't speak for Bill, but I know that if I were running the poll, I would
immediately toss out any polls that came in with Lowell #1.  That is just
plain ridiculous.  It isn't meant to be a popularity contest.

BTW, sounds like Catholic Memorial is about to win the Super Eight (DivIA)
Mass. HS tourney and take home yet another state title.  I think that makes
7 in 8 years.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)    *HMN*