Sender:
From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 21:55:50 -0400
At 06:39 PM 5/16/2006 -0500, Eric J. Burton wrote:
>I can tell you how. No scoring too defensive. Translates to boring in my
>HMO.

Gads.  You remind me of my wife, who could walk in ten minutes into the
third period of a scoreless game and say, in all seriousness, "What are you
so upset about?  We didn't miss anything!"

Joking, sort of.  But I've seen games with scores like 8-6 that were
god-awful to watch because they were a mass of turnovers and crappy play at
both ends of the ice.  For a game like Wisconsin-Cornell, you have to watch
a lot more than the scoreboard, but the effort was well worth it.  Although
admittedly, having a serious rooting interest in one of the teams is a big
factor as well.
--
Bill Fenwick                                                 DJF   5/27/94
Cornell '86 and '95                                          JCF   12/2/97

"According to most studies, people's number one fear is public speaking.
 Number two is death.  Death is number two?  So at a funeral, most people
 would rather be in the casket than doing the eulogy."
-- Jerry Seinfeld