Sender:
From:
"Mike Hatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 1992 11:34:07 -0500
The hockey superstitions were pretty good of the players but let me tell you,
coaches are just as weird.  I coached hockey last year and I ALWAYS chewed
the same type of gum with the other coach (Super Bubble).  I always carried a
good luck coin, and wore a yellow paisley tie my players nicknamed the "Sammy
Sperm" tie.
This season the old tricks don't work, BUT I did find a new one that works at
the high school level or lower (NCAA would draw too much attention).  I have
a black cat at home named Hans and before a game I rubbed his fur and grabbed
a handful or loose fur and put it in an envelope and went to the rink.  Before
the game started or many people got there I went to the visiting team's bench
and sprinkled the black cat fur all over their bench.  It did the trick, we
lost to that team 9-2 our first meeting but beat them 5-0 that day with the
fur.  Scientific fact ore hockey voodoo?  You make the call! ;-)

My wife seems to feel that sneaking Hans into the rink on a harness and letting
him actually walk around on the oppositions bench would bring even worse luck
 tothem.

USA all the way!

Mike Hatz
Pikes Peak Amateur Hockey