Sender:
From:
Chuck Cliff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 08:38:14 EDT
In a message dated 99-04-08 02:01:15 EDT, [log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 Lastly, as has already been mentioned on the list, we were surprised at
 the lack of hotels anywhere near The Pond (or Edison Field, formerly
 Anaheim Stadium, for that matter).  It was virtually impossible to walk
 to the arena from any of the hotels either because of distance or road
 repair/construction.  I guess I do remember the California dependence on
 the automobile, but I was kind of disappointed that the tournament fans
 were so widely dispersed that there was no mingling possible except at
 the games.

This to me was the biggest disappointment with Anaheim. I prefer a venue like
Providence that has the arena and the hotels within a couple of blocks of
each other. It makes for a better final four atmosphere when everyone is in a
central location. All I hope for in Providence is that the Player's Corner
Pub is still around.

Chuck Cliff