Sender:
Date:
Tue, 19 May 1998 11:28:11 -0600
From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
To: Robb Newman <[log in to unmask]>
On Tue, 19 May 1998, Robb Newman wrote:

> Using words like "discriminates" and "denied full access" make it sound
> like Arthur believes that participating in varsity athletics should be
> subject to the same legal protections as applying for jobs or housing.  (I
> don't know if he does believe this - it just sounds that way).  Heaven help
> us if this were true - the courts are full enough without having to hear
> case after case about some student being unfairly cut from his team......

Thanks for checking for my intent, but you read my post as I intended it.
There would be, however, no court cases if the NC$$ did not impose itself
as it does in what should be an extracurricular activity, not a money
generator for the University with what are ineffect, underpaid employees
(at least in the major sports) glibly called  "student atheletes".

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]