Sender:
From:
"Eric J. Burton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 16:00:31 -0600

                                THE SIN-BIN
                           By Eric J. Burton
                        AKA Fabulous Sports Goon
        Members.tripod.com/~unvarnished_truth/sinbin/sinbin.html

        The Goons Playoff Picks (disclaimer attached)

        The Goons Picks for the Final Four. These picks are mine and mine
only and  may or may not pass the nose test. These picks represent the opinion of
the Goon and the Goon only.

        Semifinals: Thursday April 2nd.
        Michigan vs. New Hampshire 1:00 Central Standard Time.

        This will be a tough game to call because now Michigan has to
play in the Fleet (Fleece) Center in Boston which is just a stone throw
away from New Hampshire. I will pick the Maze and Blue for one reason,
losing last year left a bad taste in the mouth of the Michigan hockey team.
Michigan should win 3-2 in double overtime. But UNH should not be taken
lightly.

        Ohio State vs. Boston College 7:00 Central Standard Time.

        I love this match up. This is the sweet hearts of the NCAA
Division one Ice Hockey Championship. I take Boston College in a close game.
Also Ohio State has proven that they belong in the tourney by beating the
Spartans last weekend. I think this will prove that Ohio State will be a
force  if there is ever a Big Ten super conference. The Michigans,
Michigan State and Minnesotas beware. I also like the fact that B.C. get
center stage with out Boston University being in the tourney. This tourney
will be about the Eagles and not about Sioux, Spartans or Terriers.

        Championship Saturday April 4, 6:30 Central Standard Time.

        Boston College and Michigan

        This will be the Year of the Eagle. Boston College going away 6-3.
I think that B.C. has been the best team in the country since January.

        Crying in My Beer.

*As I watched the game between UND and Michigan I sat there and relished
the thought of the Sioux having to play the Wolverines. We didn't
complain about the draw, we accepted our teams out come. To be the best
you have to play the toughest games. You don't whine that your team got a
bad draw or make excuses for your starting goalie not being in the big
game. Champions Win gracefully and they accept losing like men. The Sioux
Spartans and Terriers did not choke, they got beat by teams that were
more hungry than them. They fell short, but they still have their pride,
they are great programs and will probably be back again. That is hockey,
that is life. Nathan Hampton will be happy to know I did cry in my beer,
but at least we did not have to hear, wait till next year. :) Cheers...

Next Week the Goon will look back at the year in review.