Sender:
From:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 21:16:23 -0500
>Adam Wodon wrote:
>
>> >I'm a New Yorker who has been sentenced to live in Massachusetts, but
>> >I find that I can tolerate the lack of R's in the language as well
>> >as the fact that everyone around here hates New Yorkers, because
>> >Boston is such a great TOWN to visit.
>>
>> Ditto.  I almost hate saying how great Boston is because people there
>> hate New Yorkers (and everywhere, by the way).  But Boston is just  a
>> great city, especially, for me, Harvard Square.
>
>You guys just don't understand Bostonians; it's not that they hate you,
>it's just that they're *better* than you are.
>
>How many Bostonians does it take to change a light bulb?  (I originally
>told this one about Michigan alumni.)
>
>Only one.  And boy does that make them feel superior to the rest of us.
>
>J. Michael Neal

I hope when you New Yorkers come to town next week that you stop by 700
Commonwealth Ave., BU's highest rise dorm, otherwise known as the New York
Embassy.

Seriously, compared to the towns which usually host the NCAA's, Boston is
major league in every sense of the word - crazy drivers, jaywalkers
everywhere, a maize of streets, inefficient transit system, "charming"
people who deal with everyone the same way,  etc. etc.  But . . .I've live
here all my life and I LOVE it!  If you can't enjoy yourself in Boston,
well . . .

The thought of people being in Boston and driving to Providence (ycch!) for
an AHL game (double ycch!!) is unbelievable.  Be a tourist, go to the
museums, go to Harvard Sq., walk the Freedom Trail, find a good club to go
to. But PLEASE, don't go to Providence.  Good God!!

Greg Ambrose