Sender:
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 14:15:33 -0600
From:
Zac Halter <[log in to unmask]>
To: Emmitt Smith <[log in to unmask]>
I feel UNO has to join any league that will accept them as members so they
will have an opportunity to reach the NCAA play offs.

In the past, the NCAA held back the 12th seed for a division I
independent.  I remember UAA receiving bids under this.  UNO could sure
use that policy now.

To wait and see how they do in the next two to three years is foolish.
How are they going to be able to recruit and generate any excitement with
no hope of making it to the tournament?

If it's money the leagues are worried about, get some guarantee written
into the contract.

The bottom line is UNO needs something to play for.

zorak