Sender:
From:
Paula Weston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 17:54:16 -0500
At 05:10 PM 12/1/97 -0500, Roger Spurgeon wrote:

>One of Matt's best qualities as a ref is that he is constantly talking to
>the players (he never shuts up)--the players know exactly what Matt is
>thinking and exactly what he is and isn't going to call.

I have to agree, Roger.  This is the main reason why the players respect
Matt Shegos.  Matt is an official in control of the game, and the players
know what they *can't* get away with when he's on the ice.

In general, I don't have much of a problem with officiating in the CCHA.  In
every game, someone in the stands, in the pressbox, or with the teams is
going to question *several* calls; my response to that (even when I'm doing
the complaining) is that it usually all comes out in the wash.

Whenever there's a Shegos in the house--either Matt or Mark--I know it's
going to be a well-called college hockey game.  Same goes for Piotrowski.
I'm not saying I don't have a problem with *any* CCHA officials, but the
ones I do dislike don't really deserve any public bashing from me, IMHO.

Paula