Sender:
From:
Adam Wodon-Around the Rinks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 01:51:06 -0500
> J Michael Neal says:
>
> >Mike Machnik wrote:
>
> >> Fans may not know the process, but that doesn't mean the committee doesn't
> >> know it.
>
> >Besides the committee telling us they have a process, what evidence of
> >it do we have?  On the other hand, we have plenty of evidence that they
> >don't have a process:

We have plenty of evidence of it -- in faact, it's sitting in my hands -- it's
called the championship manual -- and the committee followed it to the absolute
letter.

People are so up in arms over this stuff for nothing.  If you're going to win a
title, you've got to beat everyone, so just worry about playing the darn games.

Hockey is the one NCAA sport where NOTHING is left to subjectivity -- you may
not agree with the guidlines laid down by the committee, but they are set in
stone well in advance, and after close scrutinazation by people who know what
those guidelines are, everything was done on the up and up.

So keep coming with those conspiracy theories, but then everyone can just
decide to live their lives angry over nothing.

AW