Sender:
From:
Kingry Shane L <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 1991 01:48:00 PST
Saturday, December 21, 1991 at the Sullivan Arena, Anchorage, AK

NISSAN/JEEP CLASSIC CONSOLATION GAME

Ferris State Bulldogs (2-7-5)          0     1     2  -  3
Colorado College Tigers (5-9-3)        0     0     3  -  3

FIRST PERIOD                                                           FS-CC

SECOND PERIOD
1. FS1: Daniel Chaput (John Duff)  PPG                            5:42  1-0

THIRD PERIOD
2. FS2: Tim Christian (Tom O'Rourke)  PPG                          :27  2-0
3. CC1: Steve Strunk (Kent Fearns, Chris Venkus)  PPG             7:27  2-1
4. FS3: Deryl Filipek (Tim Christian, Norm Krumpschmid)  PPG     14:17  3-1
5. CC2: Jody Jaraczewski (Chris Hynnes, Steve Strunk)            16:08  3-2
6: CC3: Steve Strunk (Shawn Reid, Chris Hynnes)                  17:13  3-3

SHOTS ON GOAL: Farris State        7--8-14 = 29
               Colorado College   13-10-22 = 45

GOALIES: FS, Craig Lisko   (?-?-?, 60:00: 45 shots-42 saves)
         CC, Paul Badalich (?-?-?, 60:00: 29 shots-26 saves)

POWER PLAYS: FS, 3 of   :  CC, 1 of
PENALTIES:   FS, 10/30  :  CC, 9/20

ATTENDANCE: Not given

PLAYER OF THE GAME: CC: Steve Strunk (2 goals, 1 assist)

I came to the game expecting Colorado College to dominate play, but with the
exception of the last period, the Bulldogs pretty much controlled the puck.
Throughout the game, there was a lot of fast end to end skating, and I enjoyed
the game.

As in the game against the UAA Seawolves on the previous night, Colorado
College sent 20+ (22) shots toward the FSU goaltender in the third period, and
were rewarded with three goals.

Although the game goes into the official record books as a tie, for tournament
purposes, a shootout was done at the end of the game to determine who would get
the third and fourth places.

Shootout results - one on one with the goaltender

FSU                      CC
------------------------ ------------------------
Aaron Asp           NO   Shawn Reddington    YES
Doug Smith          NO   Steve Strunk        NO
Mike Jorgensen      NO   Ryan Reynard        NO
Tim Christian       NO   Shawn Reid          NO
Norm Krumpschmid    YES  Kent Fearns         NO
------------------------ ------------------------
Mike May            NO   Rik Duryea          NO
Kelly Sorenson      NO   Brian Bruininks     NO
John Gruden         YES  Chris Venkus        NO
Norm Krumpschmid    YES  Grant Block         NO

Humm, that is odd.  I thought that after the first round, five new shooters
were to be chosen, but it would appear that Norm Krumpschmid of the Bulldogs
shot twice.  It is possible that I made a mistake, but I had two people helping
me, so I don't think so.

Well, as you can see from the results of the shootout, the Bulldogs of Ferris
State were awarded 3rd place in the 1991 Annual Nissan/Jeep Classic and the
Tigers of Colorado College 4th.
asslk@alaska