Sender:
From:
Jeffrey Partnow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 11:41:06 -0500
Brooke George Kelley wrote-----
>Often at the college
>level hockey helmets are worn improperly anyway and the mouthgaurd issue is
>just recently being enforced.  Thank you for your time.
>
>Brooke George Kelley
>U.S. Military Academy at West Point
Actually, although this was to have been a "point of emphasis" this season,
the mouthguard rule has not been policed at all. Many players have failed
to wear the mouthguards, and I don't believe I've seen it called once all
season. (It's supposed to be a 2 minute minor for the first offense.)
Further, there are no standards for mouthguards to meet. Those players who
have worn them have used contraptions varying from elaborate to a simple
silicone dental impressions unlikely to provide any protection whatever.

--Jeff Partnow ([log in to unmask])
UAF-- Best 5-19 team on the planet!