Sender:
From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 1991 01:36:42 EST
Yes, the stats for the Friday Maine/NH game have been correctly posted.
I've seen Maine play 5 or 10 minutes ...  sometimes even a period well,
but never 3 periods like this.  NH was wounded, but all 4 Maine lines
were outstanding.  Most of the goals were from the Pellerin line (Scott
had a hat trick).  Only a couple of Dunhams saves were from Grade A
chances

The Saturday night game was much more even.  Levy kept his temper more
reasonably in check and the NH forwards put in a great effort.  This was
basically a 2 goal game that ended 6-2 Maine.  Each team survived
approximately 2 minute 5-3 disadvantages.  Snow handled the puck
extremely well but that's no news.

P.S.  I think NCAA and or Hockey East forgot to give Steve McBride the
points-of-emphasis speech this fall.  He mostly ignored holding, hooking
and cross-checking heads into the boards ...  well, maybe this last one
wasn't on the list :-)

McBride gets my vote again this year for most creative calls by a
referee 175' from the play (puff puff pant).