Sender:
From:
"Jack C. Berenzweig" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 20:20:57 -0500
Mike Machnik wrote:

> Tom Mees was one of the original ESPN sportscasters... he also called most of the >network's college hockey telecasts, including many of the NCAA DivI championship
> games that ESPN has aired.
>
> I never met Tom Mees, but people I know who did meet him said he was an
> extremely likeable guy and very enthusiastic about college hockey, and he
> greatly enjoyed covering and promoting it.  He will be missed, and I am
> sure all of us wish the best for his family and friends.

I also wish to add my condolences to the family of Tom Mees.  I have met
Tom Mees on more than one occasion and endorse what Mike wrote. Tom was
a likeable guy and was truly enthusiastic about college hockey.

This past season I can recall him broadcasting three Michigan games, the
Hall of Fame game against Maine and the two NCAA games against BU and
Colorado College.  He will be missed by me and should be missed by all
of us.

Jack Berenzweig