Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 1996 23:58:51 -0500
Comments:
To: Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
At 11:39 PM 1/8/96 -0100, Mike Machnik wrote:

>I believe this game was not played and that Maine only ended up playing one
>game at Calgary, the 5-3 win.  I do not know if the schedule was incorrect
>in having two games listed or if one was canceled.

I would disagree.  I would say the game *was* played, and Maine won, but I
don't have the score.  I am able to say that because the Portland Press
Herald did a story a few days ago in which they said, "Maine won all *six*
games on their canadian tour easily."  Six games would be 2 @ BC, 2 @
Calgary, @ Ottawa, and @ Concordia.  I would also imagine that the 12/31
game was *not* as close as the 5-3 game the night before, but that's only
speculation based on the PPH saying the games were won "easily".

I've been trying to get the boxes from Matt Bourque (MAINE SID) as has
others, but to no avail yet.  Some people I talked to Monday, said I might
have it today, so we will find out.  Perhaps NESN will also have the results
during their coverage of the MAINE/UMA game Tuesday.
Deron Treadwell                          e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Orono, Maine                                        Phone: (207) 581-6683
UMaine Hockey on the web:  http://maine.maine.edu/~dtread41/mehockey.html
          "Battles are fought with weapons, but men win wars."