Sender:
From:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 1996 20:23:00 EST
-- [ From: Adam Wodon * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

I know I'll be on the Brown fan's hit list once again -- but I must
defend Mike about Gaudet.  His post was long and I won't go into detail,
but Mike needn't worry that he has only seen Brown once.  I've seen
them about 12 times under Gaudet, and his actions are sadly well within
character.

I say sadly, because general consensus is that Gaudet is a decent guy
and a good coach, but a jerk during games.  This comes from other
coaches and other anyone who watches a Brown game that isn't a Brown
fan.

Gaudet can usually be found, for a majority of the game, right in front
of his own bench, yapping at refs.  This starts about 2 minutes into
the game and doesn't end.  It's one thing to bait refs and look for an
edge, but personally, I think Gaudet makes a fool out of himself.  This
isn't isolated instances, it's every time I've seen him.

(I won't even get into the playing tactics he preaches)

I think, at times, what he does could be hurting his team -- not just
because some refs may backlash at him -- but because I think he too
often makes the referees the focus of his attention instead of his
team.

Flame away Brown people - but I don't care.

AW