Sender:
From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 1996 12:48:01 -0500
OK, who wants to PLAY hockey in Cincinnati while the
finalists are resting on Friday March 29?

So far, I have contacted 3 places:

Northland Ice Skating and Iceland Sports, both 14 miles
north on I-75. They cost from $150-185 for an hour of ice.
Iceland will have open hockey from 12:15-1:45 that day
and public skating at 3:30 and at 7 pm. Northland has
open hockey from 4-5:30 that day and several public
skating sessions scheduled.

All-Seasons, in Northern Kentucky, about 10 minutes from
downtown Cincy. $175 an hour. They also have a studio sheet,
which might be good for broomball.

I still haven't reached a human at Golden Skates (on Kemper,
so it might actually be withing the city limits). We could
also try Goggin, where the Miami Redskins play, but that
is approaching an hour's drive away.

Because we will probably have to drive to any arena
we find, plus since you won't want to fly with your
equipment, this will most likely be only of interest to
people who are driving to Cincy. Some of us might be
able to bring extra equipment for others to use.

Another option is just to rent ice for skating, opening
it up to just about anyone. Or maybe even broomball, since
you can play that with no equipment.

Please fill out the following if you are interested
in any way. Return it to me by email. I'll summarize and
follow up.

Keith

HOCKEY-L Ice Hockey/Skating in Cincinnati Interest Form

Please check all that apply, or fill in with a number
if you are representing a group of people.

__ I am interested in playing hockey
__ I am interested in skating
__ I am interested in playing broomball
__ I am interested in watching and cheering on
     (laughing at) my fellow HOCKEY-Lers

__ I will be able to bring my own equipment
__ I will not be able to bring my own equipment
__ I can bring extra equipment: ____________________

__ I am willing to play goalie

__ I will have a car and am willing to transport
     people to the arena
__ I will be able to arrange my own transportation
     but will not be able to bring anyone else
__ I will have no way of getting to the arena

__ I would like to play/skate in the morning
__ I would like to play/skate around noon
__ I would like to play/skate in the afternoon
__ I would like to play/skate in the evening

Other comments and suggestions:

Return to [log in to unmask]