Sender:
From:
"Klein, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 1995 10:42:00 PST
With all due respect to Erick, attitudes like this concerning the growth of
college hockey really trouble me.
How many teams were there in the WCHA (even or odd?) when Minnesota-Duluth,
Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Northern Michigan joined the league?
Should the WCHA have stayed a nice, tight little league like the old 6-team
NHL?
Would that have been good for college hockey?
What if Ron Mason hadn't started the program at Lake Superior State because
there was no league that would accept it?
What if the CCHA hadn't grown with its three and four-team days?
Should the two Alaska teams have been frozen out?
Growth is good for college hockey. I hope we're never provincial (and I'm
not calling Erick provincial) about the sport.
Steve Klein
Erick J. Burton wrote:
I can't see mankato getting into the WCHA because there is an
uneven number of teams which means that you wont get to play every team 4
times. I could see it if NDSU get to go Div 1 like they want to and If
BSU goes Div one (talk around Bemidji is that they may go Div l in 1997)
They could have a east and west Divsion, however then you will have the
discussion of weak teams and schedules like CC goes throught every year.
I think allowing them into the WCHA or the CCHA would weaken the league.