Sender:
From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 10:28:34 EST
Mike Machnik writes:

> OFFICIAL BOX
>
> POWER PLAYS: MC 1 for 8.  P 0 for 2.
> PENALTIES: MC 3/6.  P 9/18.
> REFEREES: Unknown. LINESMAN: Unknown.

The referee was Derek Smith. I forget who the linesmen were.

> ATTENDANCE: Est. 176.

176? I thought there were at least 300 there, the crowd certainly was
nowhere near as dreadful as for the Merrimack-Laurier game.

> SECOND
> Although Princeton's penalty killing on the night was excellent, the lone
> Merrimack goal would come on the power play with 4:58 left in the second.
> Steve McKenna pinched in from the left point and fed the puck around the
> boards to Kris Porter, who found Chris Davis for the goal in front to tie
> the game at 1-1.
>
> Through two periods, Merrimack had 7 power plays to Princeton's one, with

I thought this was the key to the game. When a team has 8 power plays,
you'd like them to score at least a couple of times. Merrimack seemed
to have trouble coming into the Princeton zone and setting up. If they
started a power play in the Princeton end, they were O.K. until
Princeton cleared it.

Merrimack looks like they lack someone with a goal-scoring touch. In
both games, they seemed to have problems taking advantage of their
opportunities and putting the puck in the net. The Laroche line played
well during the weekend, but again they have troubles finishing.

See you later,
John

--
John Edwards       Stats Geek, Ottawa Senators Jr. A Hockey Club (17-6-1)
Email: [log in to unmask]    URL: http://chat.carleton.ca/~jedwards