Sender:
From:
Geoff Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 1995 17:28:53 -0400
Several people have inquired about national leaders.
Steve Monaghan (LSSU AAD) and Dave Fischer (MTU SID)
produce weekly national leaders in 17 statistical categories
including goals, assists, points, g/game, a/game, p/game,
PPG, SHG, goals against avg., save pct., points by a defenseman,
team goals for/against per game and team PP/PK. The list is
released on Wednesday via FAX and is available for $20/season.
Call Scott at (906) 635-2601. Having provided this information, I
think it is only fair to note that you can compile the same
information (albeit not as timely) by checking out the complete
set of box scores in Drop the Puck - available for $40/year,
including features and stats. The address is Blueline Publishing,
P.O. Box 8686, Minneapolis, MN 55408-0686. I apologize for what
may seem like an advertisement, but I'm just trying to let you
know where to get the information.

For the record, Holzinger leads the nation in goals per game (1.00),
followed by Mike Knuble (.96) and Grier (.93). Martin St. Louis
of Vermont leads in points per game (2.18) and is second in total
points (61) to Greg Bullock (62). I am not responsible for the
accuracy of this information - to wit, the service omitted Princeton's
Jonathan Kelley from its goals/game leaders (he has .72, should be
14th).

Geoff Howell
The Trenton Times
Drop the Puck