Sender:
From:
Chris Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 1995 17:57:14 -0500
Daniel R Ouellet <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>        I was wondering if anyone out there could tell why defenseman
>Todd Hall transfered from BC to UNH this season.  And if possible give me
>some background info on him.  So far this season I think he has been one of
>UNH's strongest defensemen.  I just don't understand why BC would let him
>go.

What I have heard (and I must stress that this is unofficial, third or fourth
hand information that I have not attempted to verify) is the following:

- Hall tried out for the 94 Olympic team, and was cut during the summer
  (ok, I guess this is known to be fact).

- After being cut, he returned to BC expecting to play his junior year
  (93-94).

- Cedorchuk said "Sorry, I already gave your scholarship to someone else.
  If you want to play, you'll have to walk on."

- Hall contacted UNH and (somehow) was offered a scholarship.

- Hall went back to Cedorchuk and, hoping to convince him to change his mind,
  told him about the UNH offer.

- Cedorchuk apparently didn't believe UNH can pull it off, and refused to
  change his mind.

- Hall enrolled at UNH, sat out the 93-94 season (as required by the NCAA),
  and is now playing his junior season.

Now, all this would be pretty hard to believe, if it wasn't for the events of
this past year (Cedorchuk getting fired, Milbury being hired, Milbury
quitting after determining just how screwed up Cedorchuk and/or Gladchuk left
the BC hockey scholarship situation, etc.).  After all that has happened at
BC in the last year however, I can believe this is what actually happened.

Chris
Go Blue!