Sender:
From:
Mike Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 1995 12:13:36 -0500
>Like Tom Tseng, I'm a Cornell employee, and thus really can't campaign
>publicly for or against another employee's keeping or losing his or her job
>(have I qualified that statement enough to make it totally meaningless?).
>But I can say this, all of which is public knowledge:

OK, now as a student fan in Section B, who pays good money both in tuition
and season tickets, and as an Assistant Sports Editor for the Cornell Daily
Sun I can say the following (and you all can quote me):

McCutcheon Sucks!!!

I would hope that by the time I graduate ('97) we have a new coach.
Luckily Cornell's other hockey program has one of the best women's hockey
coaches I've seen (the only one I've talked to I might add.  If anyone from
cornell reads this message before 2:00 on Sunday, I urge you to come out to
Lynah to watch Julie Andeberhan lead the women icers to their final game of
the season against Princeton.  Andeberhan has brought a team that won two
games all last year (yes she was the coach last year too, but she had a
rebuildng program handed to her) to a team that has looked sharp on the ice
during almost all their games... Her team this year had 10 freshmen, which
calls for a lot of coaching.  In my opinion, they will be a contender in
two years if not by next year.  Be sure to catch my year-end feature in
Wednesday's or Thursday's Sun.  In the next two years, the women will be
the program to watch at Cornell.... besides, the games are free and the
crowd there is more supportive.
I would gladly have Andeberhan take McCutcheon's place at the helm...

-Mike