Sender:
From:
Carol Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 1994 08:30:34 -0500
Yesterday's New York Times included a college hockey report.  I meant to
post a summary of it and forgot, so here it is.  (I don't know if this is
a regular weekly feature, but I'll check next week).

Princeton - Coach Don (Toot) Cahoon has put together what may be his best
team.  Key players are G James Konte, D Brent Flahr, and F Matt Brush.
An important line is Brush and RW Casson Masters.  The Tigers should
finish better than the 10th of 12 in the ECAC that the pre-season coaches
poll predicted.

Harvard - G Tripp Tracy has been "doing it all in teh goal for the
Crimson, and that is something new for Harvard"  Harvard has had
alternating netminders, but Tracy has started all 9 games because Aaron
Israeld signed a pro contract with the Philadelphia Flyers and is now
playing in Hershey.

Vermont - Two very small players, Eric Perin and Martin St. Louis (5 ft.
7 and 148 lb.), "showed the fans in Duluth why they are the favorites of
always filled Gutterson Field House in Burlington."  These two plaiyers
are 1 and 2 among ECAC scoring leaders and are both sophomores from
Laval, Quebec who have been playing together since they were 10.
Wednesday night's game at Bjoston University showed something of a
contrast in scoring leaders, since BU's scoring leader in 6 ft., 240 lb.
Mike Grier.

Team Canada - Mark Kaufman and Peter Allen returned to Yale last night
for a Team Canada vs. Yale game.  Kaufman is the leading scorer.

Slap Shots:
1) Boston University and Maine, the East's 2 strongest team have finished
their 4-game series - Maine won 2 and the other 2 were ties, with BU
winning the shootout.  Maine is 26-3-1 against Providence since 1987 and
11-0-1 at home.

2) Jay Pandolfo, will play for BU against Vermont and Dartmouth on
Saturday after missing the first 9 games due to injury.

3) Dartmouth will go to Switzerland over Christmas break and play 5 games
against club teams.

4) the Ivy League women's season started with an invitation tournament at
Princeton.  The Tigers beat Providence and tied New Hampshire and then
lost to Concordia of Montreal, 5-2. j LW Shari Seibert, a senior from
South Orange, N.J. was the leading Princeton scorer (3 goals).

The also game the standings for all 4 Division I conferences.

Carol