Sender:
From:
"Robert L. Dunn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Nov 1994 16:40:58 -0500
On Fri, 4 Nov 1994, Eric Rickin wrote:

> Nike bought out U-M athletic department.  As a result, they sponsor
> everything, and a big nike swooosh now appears on the boards at the Yost
> arena.  Also appearing are adds for Ulrich's (book store) and for the
> Yost itself (public skate).  Under NCAA rules are these ads allowed?

Since we have the management contract at Yost Arena, let me make a few
comments on the new dasher ads for Yost.  First, since the ads are being
sold by the Athletic Department's Marketing people, we assume they are
following all necessary NCAA regulations in getting the ads designed.
We tried to have the ads up by the start of the season, but a
communications breakdown between the graphic artist and the marketing
department caused a minor 3 week delay.  They haven't been as successful as
we'd like in selling spots, so there are still some blank ad panels,
especially behind the goals.  The Yost ad was designed to fill one of the
empty spots.  In addition to the 2 Nike ads, the 2 Ulrich's ads, and the
Yost ad, there are 2 Michigan Hockey ads, 2 ads featuring the logos of
all the CCHA teams (including Alaska - Fairbanks), and a McDonald's ad.

* Robb Dunn                         University of Michigan *
* Project Administrator                   Sport Facilities *
*                                      Research Laboratory *
* [log in to unmask]            Cal '93, Michigan '94 and '97 *