Sender:
From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 1994 08:16:00 EST
Karen Kramer writes...
>Also, regarding Jeff's posting of the Friday Miami/OSU game in Columbus,
was
>that attendance figure of 702 correct??  If so, can someone explain that?

Sure...this means that there are approximately 702 people
hardcore enough to actually pay to get inside the OSU Ice
Rink and see the Buckeye's version of hockey.  Who'd of
thunk it'd be that many? :-)

OK, I couldn't resist a little Buck bashing.  Seriously, OSU
is severely hampered by low attendance...much a result of
having the worst facility in Division I.  If the planned 21,000
seat arena becomes a reality later this decade, it could help
completely change the image of the program.

Btw...OSU averaged under 1000 at home [excluding the
special "State Fairgrounds Coliseum" games] in 1993-94.
I'd think they'd get up more for in-state rivals Miami and BGSU,
but apparently not.  I know they go over 1500 for Michigan and
Michigan State...largely due to the road following of those
schools.

John H
U Mich