Sender:
From:
"G. M. Finniss" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 1994 11:24:55 -0400
(Sorry, I had intended for this to come out Monday, but I was REALLY busy.
Had to go through a stupid lottery to get my tickets and then had to stand
in line yesterday to pick them up.  Was it worth it?  HELL, YEAH!!  Red line
seats, once again.)

This will be the final update before the deadline, which is this Friday,
October 14, at 5:00pm EDT.  I will probably put my picks out sometime on
Friday as well.  I will tabulate the results and give a "Hockey-L" prediction
on the conference races probably on Monday, October 17.

We now have 32 entrants (along with four publications, Drop the Puck, TBRW?
[ECAC only], The Hockey News, and BLUE ICE [the latest publication from the
Yoda of Yost Arena, John Hauessler]).  Since John has asked me not to release
his picks until after the premiere issue of BI comes out, I won't put out the
"Guppie" (a little play on Bill Fenwick's "Tadpoll") until at least October
27.

Some very interesting results so far in the "pooling."  I wondered if this was
going to happen, but it finally did.  We now have one team that has received
a vote in EVERY SINGLE position in its conference.  To make it even stranger
than it already is, that team isn't in the smallest conference, but the
largest.

Entrants so far:

Tony Buffa, Andrew Frisch, Don Demick, Bob Constantine, Chris Paine, John
McCumiskey, Steve Moerland, Tark McMains, Rich Boehme, Kristen Robinson,
Anthony Frolik, Eric Maiwald, Curt Nelson, Tim Newman, Andy Peed, Greg
Williams, Glenn Gale, John Forsyth, IR Rutks, Steve Kapetanakis, Mike
Machnik (with the winning entry, of course :-)), Dave Kaufman, Jeff Kelly,
Andrew Samwick (who I need clarification on an ECAC pick from), Nate
Webster (who I need a tiebreaker from), Lance Harry, Jayson Moy, Ron Fraser,
Bill Fenwick, Sean Pickett, J. Jodzis, and Jeff Bowen

I have included another entry form here for those who may have lost the old
ones and still wish to enter.  Remember, the deadline is THIS Friday, October
14, at 5:00pm EDT (since the first conference games in the WCHA are on Friday
night).

G. M. Finniss
Michigan State University
WVU (Backyard Brawl this weekend) '87, UTenn '92, MSU who the hell knows when?
3, only THREE days until faceoff against BG...
Leader (that's right, first place) in the rec.sport.football.college SWC
Contest!!!! (I've been pulling scores out of my ass something fierce!)

Hockey-L Regular Season Prediction Contest Entry

Name:
Team you mostly follow:
E-mail address:

                HOCKEY EAST                           ECAC
1.                                      1.
2.                                      2.
3.                                      3.
4.                                      4.
5.                                      5.
6.                                      6.
7.                                      7.
8.                                      8.
9.                                      9.
                                       10.
                                       11.
                                       12.

                CCHA                                  WCHA
1.                                      1.
2.                                      2.
3.                                      3.
4.                                      4.
5.                                      5.
6.                                      6.
7.                                      7.
8.                                      8.
9.                                      9.
10.                                    10.

                Tiebreaker- Sum of conference points of Providence, Vermont,
                            Illinois-Chicago, and Saint Cloud State (as in
                            2 for a win, 1 for a tie or shootout loss [HE
                            only]):

List of teams:
Hockey East- Boston College, Boston University, Maine, Mass Amherst, Mass
             Lowell, Merrimack, New Hampshire, Northeastern, Providence

ECAC- Brown, Clarkson, Colgate, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Princeton, RPI,
      Saint Lawrence, Union, Vermont, Yale

CCHA- Bowling Green, Ferris State, Illinois-Chicago, Lake Superior State,
      Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Western Michigan

WCHA- Alaska-Anchorage, Colorado College, Denver, Michigan Tech, Minnesota,
      Minnesota-Duluth, North Dakota, Northern Michigan, Saint Cloud State,
      Wisconsin