Sender:
From:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 1994 12:06:20 CDT
John Forsyth wrote:
> He says that he should have known Mike only had two seasons of
> eligibility, but apparently it never dawned on him to ask anyone.
{BIG snip}
> But speaking of the NC$$, why is it that they never informed Mike that
> he only had two seasons of eligibility to begin with?  A letter
> two or three years ago saying that Mike had only two years left
> would have been helpful, and certainly a letter last spring informing
> him that he had no more eligibility could have been sent.  I was

Can the NC$$ really be responsible for keeping track of the eligibility of every
single student-athlete?  Maybe I'm wrong and they really do keep track of every
single Division III swimmer (nothing against Div III or swimmers) who's ever
gone out for a team, etc, but it seems like this would be a prohibitive amount
of paperwork.  I imagine it'd be the school's responsibility to make sure the
guidelines are met.  I doubt it would be the NC$$'s place to monitor every
single player and notify him when his eligibility runs out.  However, *had an
inquiry been made by Maine*, I would think they might have been able to obtain a
clarification prior to now.

Again, I'm just guessing; I don't have the knowledge of the policies that some
hockey-l'ers do, but this is what sounds reasonable to me.  (I know, I know,
since when did "reasonable" and "NC$$" have anything to do with each other?  :-)
:-) :-) )

Pam Sweeney                            Go Gophers!!!
[log in to unmask]      1993 & 1994 WCHA Playoff Champions!!!
                                  1994 NC$$ PHinal PHour!!!
                                        Ski-U-Mah!!!