Sender:
From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 1994 13:34:06 -0500
Ryan Stone writes...

>This list is a great opportunity for members to see differing viewpoints
>and actually learn something about the fastest team sport in the world.
>Unfortunately, upon reading many of the posts, some people are still very
>narrow minded in view and I hope all who read most of the incredibly large
>volume of posts on the list actually begin to look at the game differently.

...but then follows it up with...

>Sorry Minnesota fans, but this Minnesota team did not belong among the
>Final Four.  The geniuses in the NC$$ decided to give you "arguably" the
>easiest bracket looking for a little financial gain at St. Paul.  BU was a
>far superior team.  I would have liked to see Lake State ranked more
>appropriately, 2nd in the West, then we would have seen a much better 4th
>team, LIKE Michigan.  BU beat them all over the Ice and it was over after
>the first period.  They did make a good push in the second but BU was just
>to good.

Ryan apparently has little regard for the full season of hard work by the
Gophers that earned them the opportunity to play in the Civic Center.  It is
certainly unfair to accuse the Committee of giving Minnesota an easy route
to the Phinal Phour in order to increase attendance.  The Civic Center was
already more than 90% sold out before seedings were announced.

-- Erik