Sender:
From:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 1994 23:11:55 CST
From the 10:00 newscasts:

There are less than 100 tickets left.  All are single seats.

Winger Joe Dziedzic is "probable" to return from his second broken arm of the
season.  Last week it was reported in the St. Paul paper that another injury to
that arm might end his career (he's a Penguins draftee), but he said that he'd
risk it to play for a championship.

Jeff Callinan is also "probable" to be the starting goalie for Minnesota.

Oh, and you won't be hearing about who drafted Dziedzic, or anyone else, for
that matter, on the telecasts.  According to the St Paul paper this weekend, the
NC$$ doesn't want the broadcasters to mention who owns players' draft rights.

Also, from my phone call to MSC today...  MSC doesn't know yet if the NC$$ will
allow it to replay the Gophers/Lowell game.  If so, it will be rebroadcast at
1:00 Wednesday, for all of us in the area who want to set our VCRs.

And trivia from the recesses of my mind:  there will be Gophers with former high
school teammates on all three other teams in the tourney.  Joe Dziedzic and
Boston U's Derek Herlovsky played together at Minneapolis Edison (yes, that's in
a heavily Polish part of town...)   LSSU defender Brad Wilner played with Dan
Hendrickson at Richfield.  And, of course, Jeff Nielsen played with his brother
Kirk, now at Harvard, at Grand Rapids.  Guess we know the match-up Mr. and Mrs.
Nielsen would like to see in the finals!  :-)

Pam Sweeney                            Go Gophers!!!
[log in to unmask]         1993 WCHA Playoff Champions!!!
[log in to unmask]              Ski-U-Mah!!!