Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 1994 15:32:39 -0500
James Old writes:
>Blaine Lacher registered his 4th consecutive shutout in net for Lake
>Superior on Saturday night.  (Two shutouts at Kent State last weekend, two at
>home in playoff hockey against Ohio State this weekend.)  I sure wish that I
>could have been at just one of those games!  This is being touted in the Soo as
>a CCHA and NCAA record for consecutive shutout minutes. Apparently the Lakers
>came out playing their best hockey in years Saturday night knowing that Lacher
>needed only about ten minutes to set the record.  (I realize that there is no
>"official" record book for college hockey, but could someone out there confirm
>this as a record?)

How many minutes has Lacher gone without allowing a goal?  Obviously
at least 240 (4 x 60)...according to the 89-90 College Hockey Record
Manual, the record was set in 1953-54 when North Dakota's Gerard
(or George, as he was listed elsewhere) Schultz racked up 249:40 of
shutout hockey.  It does sound like Lacher is the new record holder;
if anyone can post his new record, please do...

BTW, Lacher smashed the old LSSU record, 152:50 by Darrin Madeley from
12/6-13, 1992.  I don't know if this was the CCHA record since I could
not find a listing for shutout minutes in the CCHA guide.  Thanks to
John Haeussler who provided me with the LSSU guide earlier this season.
Mike Machnik                                          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMM* 11/13/93
<<<<< Color Voice of the (16-19-2) Merrimack Warriors WCCM 800 AM >>>>>