From:
Richard Schrader <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Schrader <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2019 14:40:33 -0500
Hello fellow MELIBbers,

I just wanted to make a plug for the future occupant of the very chair in
which I am sitting.  My experience over the last seven and a half years as
the Springvale Library Director has been filled with fun, support and
copious laughter...even at my terrible puns.  With that alone, these are
very generous and fun people that surround me.

The Springvale Library has one of the largest genealogy collections in the
state, it has been a privilege to get acquainted with this collection and to
work with people from around the country who visit it each year.  We are a
member of the MILS consortium, we have a very supportive group of trustees
who listen to and respect the librarian's perspective on all of the topics
we have discussed over the years.  We are a mid-sized library with about
35,000 volumes and a dedicated staff of 10 (including a staff
maintenance/custodial worker...a benefit many libraries may not boast).

Over the last two summers (and future summers), we were/are the site of the
Chamber of Commerce's Friday music series on the patio, just two weeks ago,
one of our trustees spent three days sealing the bricks and concrete, and
taking down the shade sails that he donated.  This community loves their
library.  Many of you know the staff, and know that they are great people.
The same goes for the trustees.  If you take a tour of the beautiful grounds
and building, you will see the community's support for the organization.

If you are looking to transition to a village but like the benefits of being
in a city (we are the northern portion Sanford), and want to feel like a
part of a warm community of people, the director position at Springvale
Library is waiting for you.  It has been a great run, and I know my
successor will also love this library and its community.

Cheers, and I am tremendously excited see all of you as the new director at
the Louis B. Goodall library!

Chip Schrader