From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 1994 15:43:00 PST
Well, I'll be the brat who somewhat sides with the kid.  Hey, hecklers have
to stick together. :-)

I don't mind what he said, but I prefer that it be done during the game
while the player is on the ice.  When the game is being played, players,
coaches and officials are wide open for wise-ass remarks.  Yucking it up
after the game is going too far, IMHO.  Still, the player shouldn't have hit
the kid.  He should have said, "No, I use it to peck small children and make
them unrecognizable."  Or, "No, I'm auditioning for a part as Woody
Woodpecker in my spare time."  If the kid was a little older, the classic,
"Jeez, your mom didn't complain about it last night," could have been used.
:-)

I'm a believer in the sticks & stones philosophy.  Verbal jabs are as big a
part as hockey as good body checks.

  John H
  U Mich

P.S. The real question is this: The next time I see BU can I say, "Hey,
Joubert.  Slash any eleven year olds lately?"  I know, tactless. :-)