From:
Greg Berge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1993 12:03:28 -0500
"Is it over yet?"
"Nay, there's still two more games."
"Ohmygod, I don't think I can TAKE any more of this!"

If anyone out there in Hockeyland had any doubts about Cornell going
into this weekend, well, they don't anymore. Put succinctly, this is
the worst team in the ECAC this year. Although they will finish ahead
of Union, I daresay they don't deserve it - I hereby nominate Union
as Honorary Second Worst Conference Team. Take what ya can, guys...

RPI 8 Cornell 2

The Engineers blew Cornell out of Houston with three first period
goals, two right on top of each other around the 3:00 mark. The RPI
crowd was so bored that they didn't bother to cheer for most of the
night, and a good slice of them left before Somebody Tamburro, the
shortest goaltender in the history of the planet, made what I assume
was his debut in the waning minutes.

The only good thing about this night (actually, the entire weekend),
was discovering "Holmes and Watson's", a restaurant/beer-exotica
hangout in midtown Troy. The Buffalo Blizzard Bock is especially
good...

Union 5 Cornell 3

Unfortunately, there was another game this weekend, and it was an
experience I'll never forget. It was, drum roll please....

THE SINGLE WORST GAME EVER PLAYED IN THE HISTORY OF HOCKEY

Yep, and I remember the expansion Islanders!

On a scale of 1 to 10, Union was a "1", yet they looked like the
national champions compared to Cornell's uninspired, untalented,
terrible, awful, blech, performance. Consider: the loss was worse than
the score!!! This was a 5-1 game in the third before the Red decided,
I dunno, to go on a salary drive or something and notched a couple a
quick goals.

More later, I'm scared of prolonged exposure to this memory.

- Greg