From:
Steve Kapetanakis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Kapetanakis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1993 11:16:09 EST
Let me preface this by saying I'm no Maine fan.  I'm a
Northeastern fan, and a college hockey fan.  And I cheered
for BU at the Beanpot.  With that said:

Call it the SI curse, Walsh can't win the big one, Parker magic,
whatever you like, but BU had no business winning that game, or
even coming away with a tie.  Maine outplayed them from start to
finish.  I've watched the game twice on tape.  I couldn't believe
what I was seeing.  Both times I knew the outcome, and each time
at the end of the game I still couldn't believe it.  BU had THREE
goals go in off of skates.  Maine hit the crossbar TWO times in the
last 7 minutes of regulation.

This game is evidence that ANYTHING can happen in a one game situation.
In my eyes, Maine was clearly the better team Friday night, and I think
they showed it on Sat.  BU worked hard, never gave up, certainly to
Jack Parker's credit, and they came away with a victory they probably
shouldn't have.

I guess this game shows why I like the NC$$ one game format.  The best
team doesn't always win.

-kap

Steve Kapetanakis
Software Engineer                                 Email: [log in to unmask]
Aries Technology