From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 91 18:07:47 EST
[log in to unmask] ("Lt. Matt Jonson") writes:
>(speaking of which, it seems Joe Juneau was an Engineer - is that still true?)

    Yes, he received his bachelor's in aeronautical engineering last year
    and passed up a shot at the NHL to come back for his senior year,
    during which he is attending graduate school.  One of a very rare breed -
    a brilliant student who is an excellent hockey player.  (He had already
    been taking classes in Canada which allowed him to get his degree from
    RPI in three years.)

>Well, we built a winner in '85 without lowering the academic standards.

    Yet, remember that the 1985 team was recruited before the academic index
    was put into place.  Once that team was gone and the players were replaced
    by players recruited with the standards in place, they went gradually
    downhill until last year's rebound.

    - mike