From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1992 10:06:05 CDT
So, Erik, is this omission yours or the Strib's?

	The WCHA has a new post-season tournament format for 1993.  All 10
	members -- Alaska-Anchorage, Colorado College, Denver, Michigan Tech,
	Minnesota, Minnesota-Duluth, Northern Michigan, St. Cloud State, and
	Wisconsin

There seems to be a team missing here.  We wouldn't want to leave out
Gino and Justin's North Dakota Fighting Sioux!  After all, someone has to set
those WCHA penalty records!

	-- will play in the opening round March 11-14 with the usual
	best-of-three format.  The top five will be the home teams.

Thanks, though, for quoting the St. Paul paper's article on that.  I was
wondering how a Phinal Phive would work!  Just having a Phinal Phour with
2 teams not making the playoffs seems more sensible, but I guess there wouldn't
be a fair way to automatically seed in Alaska Anchorage if regular members
of the league were left out of the playoffs.

Also in the Strib today, KMSP is considering having Doug Woog do color on
some of the North Stars telecasts.  A little moonlighting for the Wooger,
perhaps!

Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!!!