From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2008 01:50:10 -0500
David Parter wrote, in part:
> Rule 8-2-c comes close to addressing Charlie's question:
>   c. When both teams exit the ice surface through a common exit, the
>      team whose players bench is closest to the exit shall leave the ice
>      first. On-ice officials may hold or direct players at their
>      discretion

Officials executed this rule, in a manner new to me, at the end of the
Saturday Merrimack at Maine game.  Time expired in the overtime period,
yet a few players had enough energy left to continue wrestling, dancing
and swinging at their opponent.  Two Maine and two Merrimack players
were awarded roughing minors and (this is the part that was new to me)
ushered to the penalty box to view the post-game handshakes.  Cudos to
Hansen and Hansen for salvaging the post-game handshakes.

cheers, wayne